Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, May 13, 2005

    Robots Are Cool. Not As Cool As Kung Fu, But Still Pretty Cool

    I am a geek.  One of my responsibilities as a geek is, when I see really, really sweet geek things, those things must be blogged.
     

    One of the dreams of both science fiction writers and practical robot builders has been realized, at least on a simple level: Cornell University researchers have created a machine that can build copies of itself.

    Hat tip to Jefe.
    Full story of this is noted here.  Video of this pretty damn cool thing is here . 
     
    That's reproducing robots, people.
     
    That's pretty friggin hot. 
     
    I had a chance to go to Cornell U. back in the day.  Stories like this make me wish that I had.

    1 Comment:

    Anonymous said...

    The video also kinda creeped me out -- it's alive!!

    Jefe

    Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
    Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro
    Modified Layout with buttons by Clark
    Computers Blogs - Blog Top Sites