Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, February 07, 2008

    Larry Liston Is Shockingly Stupid

    I have some bad news for you, unmarried teen parents.  One of your legislators has judged you, and found you... slutty.

    Republican Representative Larry Liston of Colorado Springs complained yesterday that society condones premarital sex and there's no longer a sense of shame in unmarried teens having children.

    "In my parents' day and age, they were sent away, they were shunned, they were called what they are. There was at least a sense of shame," Liston said of unmarried teen parents. "There's no sense of shame today. Society condones it. . . . I think it's wrong. They're sluts. And I don't mean just the women. I mean the men, too."

    You can thank CW2 in Denver
    Wait, though, it gets better.

    Liston later told The Colorado Springs Gazette later he could have chosen his words better but believes many people feel the way he does.

    You know, it's a relief to know that the belief that many people feel the way that he does somehow makes his word choice acceptable for the teenage audience.  "Lots of people think the way that I do.  Therefore, what I think must be right."

    Perhaps Mr. Liston is a teenager himself? 

    No?

    How unfortunate.




    0 comments:

    Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
    Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro
    Modified Layout with buttons by Clark
    Computers Blogs - Blog Top Sites