Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, September 29, 2006

    Wha...! I've been TAGGED!

    It was bound to happen.
     
    First, I have to shout out to Tart Sarah, whose tagged my homie in the first place.  The one she got it from?  Here: The Traveler's Lunchbox.  The real blame for my tagging, however, goes to my homeboy over at Ringloss.  Damn you!  Damn you to Hell!
     
    And.... here's the list.  No particular order.
     
    1.  Tortilla Soup from El Mirador in San Antonio, Texas.
    Dear God, what can I say about this soup?  I discovered it while attending school there, and quickly it rose to the ranks of Personal Food Legends.  Already, it was a local legend, but WOW.  If you were my date, and got to dine at El Mirador on a late Saturday morning, stand in line (because there always was one) and get some iced tea, some gooey, veggie nachos, and that freakin' soup, you KNEW you were in and we were at least partially serious.  Good Lord, that was good stuff.
     
    2.  Just About Any Dish from Carmine's On Penn, Denver, Colorado
    I love good Italian food - sauces thrill me.  However, Carmine's has some GREAT Italian food.  Seriously.  You should eat it soon - especially this shrimp/sausage/pepper/chicken thing that I can't pronounce (but I know it when I see it), and it is basically defines this particular category to a T. 
     
    3.  Vanilla Ice Cream with a Licorice Coating, Sweden
    I... have never had this.  I have a reliable source that says that it is one of the most wonderful things on the face of the planet.  I know her well and trust her at her word.  Worse yet, I don't even like licorice that much, but damn, this sounds good.  Take thee to Sweden.
     
    4.  Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco, California
    It's been a while since I've been there, I'll admit.  However, if memory serves, you can't go wrong with just about any seafood you pick up right there on the Wharf.  It's here, now, and fresh as a man or woman can get.  And, now, this has probably changed... but it was cheap.  Seriously.  One must go there and feast.  Nature Viewing Bonus:  If you go the right time of year, you might, just MIGHT, see a whale.  I did.  Whales are big.  Very big.
     
    5.  Swiss Chocolate.
    This is a shout to all of you chocolate lovers.  I know you're out there; you know who you are.
    Rich.
    Creamy.
    Decadent.
    Good on almost anything.
    Zowie.
     
    Eateateateat!
     
    Ok.  Now that food has been served, I will tag off.... right... now!  Hi, L!
     
    P.S.  Get a cheeseburger with onions, mustard, lettuce and tomato at Griff's in Denver.  Ye, Gods.  You can't miss.

    1 Comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Here's a food tip, add cinnamon ice-cream to your coffee, gives it a slight cappucino taste and you don't have to add sugar 'cuz it's already sweetened.

    Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
    Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro
    Modified Layout with buttons by Clark
    Computers Blogs - Blog Top Sites