Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, July 16, 2007

    10 Instant Life Improvements? Surely You Jest

    Apparently, jest they do NOT.

    Many of our problems come from within our own minds. They aren't caused by events, bad luck, or other people. We cause them through our own poor mental habits. Here are 10 habits you should set aside right away to free yourself from the many problems each one will be causing you.

    Thank Lifehack.org for this article.  Then read the article in its entirety.

    I especially liked this suggestion:

    Don't hang on to the past. This is my most important suggestion of all: let go and move on. Most of the anger, frustration, misery, and despair in this world come from people clinging to past hurts and problems. The more you turn them over in your mind, the worse you'll feel and the bigger they'll look. Don't try to fight misery. Let go and move on. Do that and you've removed just about all its power to hurt you.
    This sounds like the most intelligent thing that I'll read all week, and this week I've read some amazing things.

    You mean that I shouldn't ruminate over that girl that I dated in the 11th grade whose best friend I took to the Homecoming Dance?

    I think I'll sleep well tonight.

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Good link. There's something there for everyone. Acts of kindness are highly recommended too.

    Anonymous said...

    Every now & then you have to get rid of poople who you were once close to, no matter how hard. Anyone who's negative, self-pitying, doesn't take responsiblity for their sloppy actions, has no regard for their future,self-advancement or their own finances (so why would they care about yours?), time to let go.

    Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
    Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro
    Modified Layout with buttons by Clark
    Computers Blogs - Blog Top Sites