Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, December 29, 2005

    Bring Back Television

    Sigh.
     
    The pathetic state of network programming in 2005 has really chaffed my hide.  If you look, you can find out how I feel about it here, or here
     
    But you really want to know what to watch?  Here's the list.
     
    Buffy, The Vampire Slayer. Lesbians, vampires, and kung-fu.  Perfect.
    Star Trek - The Next Generation - Seasons 1-5.  After that things got a little out of hand.
    The Twilight Zone/Night Gallery (original versions).  Classics, all.  Why can't anyone make scary shows anymore?  Also, it must be said:  Rod Sterling was a stud.
    Soap/WKRP In Cincinnati/Barney Miller - Quite simply, three of the funniest shows to every grace the small screen.  "As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."  Stunningly funny.
     
    I'm pretty sure that all of these are available via The Man on DVD.
    There are more that I know I'm forgetting, but I don't want anyone to feel left out.  Feel free to leave your selections in the comments.
     
    You'll notice that I didn't include the rough 'em up, shoot 'em up stuff on my list.  That's ok.  Instead, I'll post this:
     
     
    ...for all you A-Team fans.
     
    "I pity the fool."  Heh.

    1 Comment:

    ringloss said...

    Not counting cable (Battlestar Galactica, Adult Swim):

    "24" can be pretty entertaining, if you can watch it regularly.

    I like "Bones" too. It's fun, and it's nice to see Angel getting work, but it's not supergreat. Cute science-chick, though.

    "House" is pretty reliably interesting. It's fun watching Hugh Laurie be a bastard (even though I occasionally get "Blackadder" flashbacks when I watch him).

    "Numb3rs" is fun too. It can be a little goofy when they have to stretch too hard to get things all mathed up, but it's always enjoyable.

    I rely on the DVR to actually be able to watch these shows with any regularity. I only barely know when they air, or which channel they are on.

    Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
    Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro
    Modified Layout with buttons by Clark
    Computers Blogs - Blog Top Sites