Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, June 13, 2005

    Shine On

     
     Organizers of the London Live 8 concert said Sunday that the British rock band Pink Floyd would perform with its classic lineup at the July event for the first time in more than two decades.
     
    Guitarist David Gilmour, drummer Nick Mason, bass player Roger Waters and keyboard player Richard Wright have not performed on stage together since 1981.
     
    Via Fark.
     
    Ok.  I'm not going to bore you too much with the story of my life, but I absolutely must say that Pink Floyd was most certainly a major, major part of my high school years.  Still I consider that Waters/Gilmour verison of the band one of the most talented of all time.  Dark Side of the Moon is a great album.  Wish You Were Here is better.
     
    As an aside, here are the Biggest Selling Albums of All Time, according to the RIAA, who I will probably never link to again simply because that's the way I roll.  The top five in order:
     
    The Eagles - Their Greatest Hits, 1971-1975
    Michael Jackson - Thriller
    Pink Floyd - The Wall
    Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV
    Billy Joel - Greatest Hits Vol 1 and 2
     
    What can I say?  None of these albums suck.  I still have some faith in humanity.
     
     

     

    1 Comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Bill Joel sucks.

    Jefth

    Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
    Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro
    Modified Layout with buttons by Clark
    Computers Blogs - Blog Top Sites