Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, May 15, 2006

    The Gift

    Dear Mom:
     
    This comes a bit late, because I spent most of my day with you yesterday.  However, I'm pretty confident that you'll read this soon.
     
    I wanted to thank you for being such a great mom.  Sure, we've had disagreements.  I believe that every family does.  But the truth is that you are one of the best, most intellegent, most thoughtful, and best people that I know, period.  Without you, I wouldn't be... me.  I'd be someone else.  I'd probably be a lot darker, a lot more confused, and a little bit scarier. 
     
    All of my friends think that you are one of the best people that they know. 
    People like to hang out with my family largely because of you. 
     
    I know that you're not perfect, and no one is, but I can definitely see the sacrifices that you made to make me who I am.  This was your gift to my brother and I, and we know it.  In fact, we know it more than we will ever tell you.
     
    I love you, Mom, and will always appreciate you.  I can't say that enough.  You are my sister, my mother, my daughter's grandmother, and my friend, and I can't wait to see you again.
     
    Thank you.  Happy Mother's Day.
     
    I couldn't possibly be more sincere.
     
     
     

    1 Comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Nice letter! Your mother definitely deserves the praise.

    Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
    Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro
    Modified Layout with buttons by Clark
    Computers Blogs - Blog Top Sites