Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, April 01, 2008

    Back To Bringing The Goods

    I took a pretty extended break from blogging for a little bit (my most significant break since, oh, 2004 or so) but after a vacation to SXSW, spending an increasing amount of time with my four-year old (that's about to go up too - more on that later) and trying to concentrate on work, I found the exact article to ease my way back into the writing gig when I saw this this little educational nugget about the public educational system, or lack of it.

    WASHINGTON - Seventeen of the nation's 50 largest cities had high school graduation rates lower than 50 percent, with the lowest graduation rates reported in Detroit, Indianapolis and Cleveland, according to a report released Tuesday.

    MSNBC gets the cite.

    Let's see.  I live in Denver.  It's one of the most highly educated cities in the nation, I've heard somewhere.

    Denver:  Denver County School District - 46.3 percent graduation rate.

    43.6 percent graduation rate?

    So I'm going to have to try to send my daughter to private schools for the rest of her days?

    Public education.  My wallet.  I weep for them both.

    0 comments:

    Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
    Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro
    Modified Layout with buttons by Clark
    Computers Blogs - Blog Top Sites