Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, March 14, 2007

    Surf Safely With Free Stuff

     
    Marketers just love to gather information about who is surfing the web and why. They're not above tracking a user's web history to learn about their interests and buying habits, but they can only do it if you let them.

    If you'd like to fight back you can learn to surf anonymously. It's easy and fun!

    In other words, use Tor.  Credit this info to Computerworld , via the Consumerist.

    I've used Tor.

    I'll use it again.

    In some cases, I don't mind websites knowing that I've been there before, and the inevitable autopopulate of my username just about everywhere, especially when I don't use Firefox.  On the other hand, there's only so much I can take.

     

    0 comments:

    Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
    Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro
    Modified Layout with buttons by Clark
    Computers Blogs - Blog Top Sites