Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, August 09, 2005

    Peter Jennings

    Ah.  I love Lifehacker.
    I'm sure many of you know Peter Jennings died of lung cancer this past Sunday. He'd been a smoker until about 20 years ago, successfully quit and then had a relapse shortly after September 11, 2001.
     
    They then go on to name a few stop smoking resources.
    I'll add one:  Quitnet.  Quite the community there.  If you smoke and want to stop, you could do worse.  Strangely, though, after a while, fixating on quitting almost creates the atmosphere that you need to re-start.  Watch that if you are a smoker that wants out.
     
    I'll share:  I smoke, and have for too damn long.  My daughter has never, EVER seen me smoke and I don't intend for her too.  For some reason, though, probably pure fear, has made this Peter Jennings thing have an impact.  Hopefully it will last.  I'm not saying that I quit smoking, I just decided... what the Hell, I'll give it a shot. 
    Wish me luck.  Or don't.  Not sure which kind of luck I'd get, with this crowd!
     
     

     

    2 comments:

    L said...

    Yay!

    It's a long hard road...but wuitting is so worth it, for your daughter, for you, for your check book. Granted, I quit qith the help of major surgery...but it has been SO worth it.

    I did relapse at about 6 months... but knowing I NEVER smell like a smoker, and have pleasant breath to kiss the weeone goodnight with...

    It's not luck - it's strength, so I wish you strength, my friend.

    L said...

    *quitting

    *with

    (new, smaller keyboard, argh!)

    Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
    Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro
    Modified Layout with buttons by Clark
    Computers Blogs - Blog Top Sites