Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, May 23, 2005

    Not A Star Wars Movie Post

    Over at Time.com, a couple of critics have posted a non-ranked (cowards!) list of the 100 Greatest Movies of All Time
    Of course, we all know that a list like this is designed to create discussion, or, if we don't already know that, we should.  But the quibbles:
     
    1.  Where the hell is the movie Alien?  If you're going to include 1986's The Fly on the list , which is a very good movie, indeed, how can you forget about Alien, which was one the most influential movies of its genre?  And don't get me started on this flick.
     
    2.  Are you really telling me that NO movies by John Carpenter are good enough to be in the top 100?
     
    3.  The Unforgiven was a great movie, especially for a western, but let's be honest, Silverado was better.  Really it was.
     
    My Top Five List, ranked, 'cause that's the way I roll:
     
    1.  The Godfather I.
    2.  Casablanca.
    3.  Raiders of the Lost Ark.
    4.  It's a Wonderful Life.  (yeah, I know.  I'm an old softie at heart).
    5.  The Godfather II.
     
     
    By the way, go see Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith, not just because it's a cultural phenomenon, but because it's really a damn good movie and you'll probably enjoy it.  I did.  Then, after you've had time to digest the whole thing, go read this, and wonder... hey, what exactly is George Lucas trying to say?
     
     
     
     

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    All i have to say is silverado was not better then unforgiven. And if the thing aint on the list then neither can alien.

    Anonymous said...

    Once again Time magazine proves that my complete lack of respect for them is well-deserved.

    jerf

    Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
    Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro
    Modified Layout with buttons by Clark
    Computers Blogs - Blog Top Sites