Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, May 13, 2005

    Robots Are Cool. Not As Cool As Kung Fu, But Still Pretty Cool

    I am a geek.  One of my responsibilities as a geek is, when I see really, really sweet geek things, those things must be blogged.
     

    One of the dreams of both science fiction writers and practical robot builders has been realized, at least on a simple level: Cornell University researchers have created a machine that can build copies of itself.

    Hat tip to Jefe.
    Full story of this is noted here.  Video of this pretty damn cool thing is here
     
    That's reproducing robots, people.
     
    That's pretty friggin hot. 
     
    I had a chance to go to Cornell U. back in the day.  Stories like this make me wish that I had.

    1 Comment:

    Anonymous said...

    The video also kinda creeped me out -- it's alive!!

    Jefe

    Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
    Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro
    Modified Layout with buttons by Clark
    Computers Blogs - Blog Top Sites